Monday, October 5, 2009


So it must be time for a status-update. My weekend went away with tough training on rollerskies and also there was time for a "little" run. It was a camp with the skiteam and that basically meant hard training for me. We arrived to Canmore on Friday and rollerskied for 2 hours. It was snowing but the flakes melted when they touched the road so it was only a little slippery. The clouds were really low and I thought it was nice to see cold weather. Especially when you consider that we had 30 degrees a week ago.
Anyways we went home and I felt that my body was tired after a week of school and the workout. I didn't know what was yet to come...
Saturday we woke up at 07:30 and went for a little jogging before breakfast. After eating I prepared myself for some rollerskiing and took on my shorts. It was still snowing and the trees was covered in snow, very nice! So we left in the cars from the hut in Canmore and drove a couple of minutes before we were dropped off. I ran with Vincent who had a bad ankle, which was fine cause then I could keep up with him. we rollerskied for a couple of hours before we went back to the hut. At that time I couldn't feel my knees but since it didn't hurt there was no problem.

We ate some lunch at the hostel and had some sparetime before it was time to go run up and down the mountain with poles. I just ran... I was pretty done after this event so I went straight to the sauna with a lot of the other guys which was really nice!
Saturday ended with dinner and a game of pictionary which included the Danish primeminister and Glamsbjerg City ;)

Sunday started with some jogging before breakfast and after dressing up we drove to Minnewanka Lake in Banff Provincial Park. It was time for more rollerskiing and little did I know that the next 2 hours were going to break my butt! Darren, Stephanie and I started out running and right away I could tell that it was going to be a cruel run. I maked it the 6 kilometers to Banff though and after looking a bit on the city we headed back. After running for most of the way back an angel came in a pickup-truck and I was rescued from my suffering. It was Vincent with his bad ankle who took me and Darren the last part of the way to the parkinglot. After a half an hour it was time to go back to Bragg Creek and I used the time in the car to take a really nice nap!

Today it was hard to get up and the fact that there also was a workout today after school has done that my body is really tired. So now I think I will go to bed and sllep for hopefully 8 hours before I have to get up so I don't get late for my dear yellow schoolbus...

Oh and by the way I skyped with 66% of the family on Sunday. It was really nice to hear from them all and I think I will have to call my sister Thea on of the upcoming days! I must admit that I start to miss them and Denmark a bit now... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment