Monday, November 23, 2009

Another Weekend In Lake Louise

So after 5 days without skiing it was time to get away to Lake Louise for some snow on last Saturday. We drove up there at 10 and got some sandwiches so we were completely ready for skiing when we arrived. We had brought some skis that I tested out. There were definately more speed in those skis but it didn't stopped me from getting tired. When we returned to the hostel in Lake Louise I took a shower and went to the kitchen to get some dinner.
But that wasn't the only skiing for that day. After a little walk to the candy store we took on our skis and grabbed some glowsticks. It was time for a night ski up the mountain at 20:15 in the evening. I must say that was one of the most beautiful experiences in my time here! The stars on the skies gave us just light enough to see the tracks and the trees that surrounded us as we moved up the mountain. We ended up skiing for quite a while before we started to ski down again.
That is hopefully not the last time I do that!

Back to the hostel and just eat some candy before going to bed. I must admit that skiing that much makes me quite tired so it was nice to go to sleep and relax the body before I woke up again pumped for another couple of hours on skis. We started out at 9 and started moving slowly up the mountain. It ended up being a really relaxed ski that I will not dare to complain about!
We returned at 12:30 to the car and started the two hour drive back to Bragg Creek. I was even so full of energy that I went for a run! After a little hour and nine kilometers later I had to admit to myself that three months ago that would have killed me!

I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to notice a difference happening. All that training and skiing must have started to affect me...

No comments:

Post a Comment